In part 1 of this article, we established that the Central region counts 70% of its constituencies as swing, with only 30% being a sure bet for NPP or NDC.
The big picture:
- Of the 16 swing constituencies in the Central Region, 9 of them tilt slightly towards the NPP while 7 lean slightly towards NDC
- This helps explain why the Central Region is slightly less competitive than Greater Accra and yet has a larger share of its constituencies classified as swing.
- Per our Constituency Partisan Lean, the NPP has an average lean of +2.7 in the 9 swing constituencies that tilt towards it.
- The NDC has an average lean of +2.9 in the 7 swing constituencies that tilt towards it.
- At the time of writing this article, our partial regional forecast gives the NPP only a 49.7% chance of winning the majority of votes in the region.
Want the latest forecast and analysis? Get it in your inbox
Subscribe to our email newsletter to get fresh new content delivered to your inbox daily.